Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sgt. Juan Calderon

Juan Calderon Sr. looks at pictures of his son Marine
Sergeant Juan Calderon Jr., his daughter-in-law Ana and grandson Juan Andres, who was born one month after the younger Calderon died from enemy fire at age 26.


Caption and photo from University of Texas Pan American at Edinburg on the inaugural of the UTPA Valley Heroes Memorial Scholarship Fund, 4/13/05. Heroes honored by the scholarship now include 18 fallen valley service members.
______________________________________________
"I can't believe you're gone compa, as I fill in these lines I can feel a lump in my throat. I remember all the fun times we had in Okinawa, we always talked about El Valle. Your favorite rollas were las de Ramon Ayala, I'll always remember you carnal.
You are a true hero compa, I know you are up there looking down at us singing Ramon Ayalas ,,que me entierren cantando".
Te nos adelantastes compa, but I'll be there one day singing by your side. Te lo prometo tocayo.

Las mas sinceras condolencias para la familia Calderon. Yo tuve la oportunidad de conocer a este gran heroe y fue un buen amigo.

RIP CARNAL, SEMPER FI DEVIL DOG,

Un dia voy parriba y.....
voy a entregar lo que ...
un dia el Senor me presto....' "

JUAN GONZALEZ of OCEANSIDE,CA
________________________________________________________________

________________________________________________________________
For 2008 scholarship application and to read profiles of the Valley Fallen, visit UTPA Student Financial Services.
Deadline for Valley Heroes 2010-11 Scholarship is May 1st -- click for info.

No comments: